Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Packing...

Honestly, that's the part I detest.
Luckily this time, it'll be split up in two parts - at home we will do only the basic 'throw it all into the trunk!' part while once we arrive in Dresden the truly painful act starts: stuffing it all into the boats.

Right now I feel a bit like back in Sesame Street with Grover (Grobi in Germany):

New tent: larger < -> old tent: smaller
New sleeping bags with additional silk-liner: way smaller than old warm ones
microfleece towel: smaller <- >terrycloth towel: larger, bulkier.
New sleeping-mat: much smaller (1/4 volume)< -> good old use-car-transport mat: bulkier

BUT: These sleeping-mats will be inside the boat now - the old ones were soooo buly, I had to strap them onto the bow of my boat where they did interfere with my paddling at times. Cumbersome.

My boat's bow will be loaded with food - at least that's what I'm planning: easy access and small enough to be stored behind the footrests.

No comments:

Post a Comment